Introduction:Due to budding technologies, industries have reciprocated being increasingly responsive, flexible, and adaptive to the changing environment and new regulations. The industries are looking towards technology to boost its efficiency and productivity. The biggest challenge organizations face on deployment of technology is to assure the functional correctness, performance, security, stability and reliability. Its testing requires broad range of techniques; therefore, the choice of testing techniques and strategy highly depends on what component it is tested. The test requirement, scope, test scenarios, testing techniques, testing tools, etc. varies with the type of testing involved.
To operate testing in the existing framework, services from third-party are taken to meet the desired goals. Due to which, problems faced by the organisations are as follows:
- Third party involvement increases the cost of testing and production as the vendor costing is more
- Due to difference of organization, there are difference in work culture and work process. These differences create misunderstanding which delay in testing process
- Lack of communications make the understanding of work process more difficult to work out properly.
- As the work process is different sometimes the expectation of deliverables differs and hence we do not get the desired output.
- Difference in opinion of different organization diversifies the work and thus, it eventually becomes difficult to get on same page.
- As an alternative approach, we propose that we would utilize customized software testing management application called SofQ, which ensures one standardize process will be use in whole testing life cycle that always make sure of standard delivery and cost efficiency.
- SofQ tool uses the combination of all standard techniques and it’s an end to end test management tool that helps cost and resource optimization
- We provide skill enhancement sessions to the existing team to enable them for upcoming / future projects / release on their own.
- Appropriate communication process is in place to ensure both the parties on same page in terms of process and as well as for the deliverables.
- Handover of project deliverables / artefacts to the client
- To make testing more efficient and cost saving, certified and experienced testers should be hired.
- More knowledge and standardization of work process develop a better work culture for both the parties and we can get more beneficial output.
- Instead of third-party vendors, the organization could go for software deliverable which is driven through a unique process that enriches it through a stepwise implementation of techniques, tools, artifacts and models.
- As the tool adheres to standard, thus it eliminates the fact of primarily focusing on the pilot project, the tool shall be used for diverse projects and their numerable testing rather than only compatible to pilot projects, which guarantees the standardization, eventually curtails the additional costs that are involved in IT application.