Design & Deploy OpenStack 13 release, with overcloud and undercloud model (TripleO)
Client Challenge Statement
- Our Client is a digital technology company specializing in optical fiber and cables and offers bespoke integrated solutions for global data networks. Customer has a technology centre in Ahmedabad and carries out research on various technologies like AI, DevOps, Blockchain, and others related to telecommunication network.
- The main objective of this project is to transform the current platform to industry-standard platform for an easy handshake, utilize existing hardware, implement a cost-effective solution with automation and to overcome operational challenges.
- The client is the world’s largest integrated manufacturer of optical fibre, optical fibre cable, and data cable with facilities in India, China, Italy, and Brazil.
- Our client is the leader in the system and network integration for BharatNet, smart cities, defence and home (FTTH).
- Next-gen software solution provider enabling enhanced customer experience and easy monetization.
- The deployment of an open stack will help to overcome the operation challenges like multiple management tools, long provisioning time, in-appropriate resources utilization, no policy/monitoring for resources ageing, unable to track resources utilization with respect to projects.
- Softenger experts had first mapped the plan and worked with the customer to design the solution.
- Softenger experts prepared the LLD
- Implemented various components of OpenStack like Director, Controller, Compute, Swift, Cinder, Ceilometer, Dashboard, Horizon, Keystone, ManageIQ.
- The most challenging aspect was that Softenger could not select compatible hardware as the customer had mandated to repurpose only existing hardware to build the OpenStack. Moreover, the storage used for Cinder was not compatible with Red Hat HCI. The team ended up writing a custom container and docker to work with OpenStack 13.
- The outcome of this project was the successful deployment of Openstack13.
- This is how TripleO deploys an OpenStack cloud used to deploy other OpenStack clouds.