The role is to work within this unique Level 2 support team with the following responsibilities:
- Management and resolution of end user incidents escalated directly by the customer and/or from the L1 Support
- Management and escalation of infrastructure events/alerts to respective teams including the Level 3 VDI Workspace team.
- Major incident management following the standard banks process.
- Infrastructure health monitoring via monitoring and management systems.
- Daily reporting to Global Level 2 & VDI Workspace team of the infrastructure health / events.
- Identification and specification of problems, reporting these to problem management team.
- Problem analysis and resolution.
- Knowledge article creation working with problem management team.
- Follow UBS standards and procedures including security and change control.
- Collaboration with Level 3 VDI Workspace team on problem management, escalation and major incidents.
- Reviewing new run books for Level 2 provided via Level 3 VDI Workspace team.
- Operate in shifts including night shifts (on rotational basis)
The ideal candidate should have excellent client liaison, documentation and technical skills and is capable of working in a global environment across multiple time zones:
Minimum 5 years of experience supporting Windows desktop in a VDI environment.
• Clear understanding of ITIL processes and procedures.
• Minimum 5 years ITSM experience, ideally with ServiceNow.
• Exposure to and understanding of Citrix Xendesktop 7.6xincluding Citrix Director, Citrix PVS & Citrix Storefront.
• Experience of supporting and troubleshooting Citrix Receiver, leveraging Citrix Director to address any BYOD issues.
• Experience with AppSense for profile management. (optional)
• Understanding of Windows SCCM, FIM and Windows App-V.
• Clear understanding and exposure to VMware vSphere virtualization with enterprise storage (vCentre, VUM, SSO, ESXi)
• Experience using VMware vROPS.
• Use of Lakeside Systrack dashboards. (optional)
• Clear technical understanding of Windows Server infrastructure and Active Directory.
• Experience with HP Server On-board Administrator and Integrated Lights-Out (iLO).
• Experience with Dell's Chassis Management Controller (CMC) and Integrated Dell Remote Access Controller (iDRAC)
• Basic knowledge of PowerShell scripting. (Optional)
• Good command of the English language, verbally and written